What is Head Injury?
Head injury – sometimes called brain injury, describes an injury to the brain that is sustained through a variety of different means, including: lack of oxygen, stroke, brain tumor or a severe impact. The severity of the injury to the brain can vary greatly depending on the location of the injury and the type of trauma it causes.
There are several different types of head injury:
Aquired Brain Injury
Is a term that describes injury to the brain that is not caused by an external force. Examples include stroke, some types of tumor or damage that is caused when the brain being starved of oxygen, also called hypoxic brain injury.
Traumatic Brain Injury
Describes when damage is caused to the brain by and external force or a blow to the head, such as an injury sustained in a road traffic accident.
A Stroke is where the blood supply to the brain is temporarily stopped due to a blockage or a blood clot. The lack of oxygen causes brain cells to die, which can result in stiffness and paralysis in the facial muscles, arms and legs.
What Complete Neuro Physio can do for head injuries
- Therapy in a purpose built gym or in your own home
- Implementation of an exercise programme
- Access to community facilities and leisure activities
- Encouraging independence in activities of daily living
- Regular re-assessment of rehabilitation goals
- Training for family and carers to help with daily therapy requirements
- Specialist neurological treatments using latest innovative technology including Saebo, Bioness, and other FES devices
- Gym programmes
- Rock climbing
At Complete Neuro Physio, we can assess you as soon as you need. After a thorough assessment we will provide you with a rehabilitation programme and support you with the level of therapy input you need to help you to reach your rehabilitation goals. We support our patients to access local leisure facilities and play an active role in their community.
To arrange an appointment or to speak to a physiotherapist, call us on
0121 411 9626 or email: email@example.com